Monday 13 January 2014

Update on the Budget Restoration of My Series 2 Land Rover 'Jane-May'

13 th January 2014


Today was the day that 'Jane-May' went for her MOT test. This was at 11 am this morning. I am happy and very excited to say that she PASSED yippee.


This means that all our hard work has paid off and she will be on the road in a couple of days. I am so glad that the restoration is now finished.


Here is what the MOT certificate looks like (with all the details of the car taken out LOL)

So now all I have to do is apply for the Road Tax on-line and we are set.

So thank you to everyone that has put up with all the talk about what needed to be done on 'Jane-May' and having to put up with all the late nights and the late dinners. So thank you to my 2 sons Chris and Matty (they hate me calling them by their full names LOL). Thank you also to our neighbours who have been so patient with all the grinding and welding that has been going on over the last 5 months. She is done now and the rear seats are the only thing that need to be added.

I will let you know how are first proper run goes. I am now going to email the area organiser of the Series 2 Owners Club, to let her know that 'Jane-May' has passed her MOT and that we will be able to attend some of the shows that they are going to.

We will be saving for a new canvas for 'Jane-May' and that will be going on later in the year. But I will let you know of the Club meetings and the shows that we go to and I am sure their will be loads of photos to show you.
Take care everyone
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment