Thursday 9 January 2014

Update on the Budget Restoration of My Series 2 Land Rover

Well I am excited or is it terrified to say that the MOT has been booked for 'Jane-May'. It has been a long journey for us to get to this stage, but we are here at last.

Here is a reminder of how great 'Jane-May' is looking.



Well everything is done now (we hope) and the MOT will be done at 11am (UK) on Monday 13th January 2014. So I am asking that all of you that have been following the restoration, cross your fingers, toes, arms, legs and anything else you can think of to cross on this day. LOL I also ask that you all pray that she passes the MOT. Without this she will not be on the road. 


As I say, I don't know if I am excited or terrified, but it seems like a lifetime since we started the restoration and now judgement day is nearly upon us LOL.

A little re-cap. We started the restoration on July 6th 2013. This restoration was only supposed to take 6 weeks (well that is what Paul said it would take) LOL, but we didnt realise poor 'Jane-May' was in as bad a state as she was. But from the mess she was to how she looks now has been worth every little bit of pain that we have all been in. All the banged arms, knees and heads banged against anything we could find has been worth it.

So this is what she did look like, what a mess she was in.


Some of you may look at this picture and think she doesnt look that bad, but I tell you she was in a right mess. We had to do so much more work than we thought. She was not treated very well by her last owner and he only used her for going off-road. To the extent that the carbs were full of sand and mud. No wonder she would not run very well.

But that is the past and the new is so much better.


So everyone PLEASE pray for 'Jane-May' on Monday 13th January 2014 (good thing it is not a Friday LOL) at 11am. I will let you know how she gets on. That is it for now, I will let you know when we get home from the MOT if 'Jane-May' passed or not. I do hope she passes, and that we havent forgotten to do something. Paul has gone over the list a thousand times checking everything. So I think it will be a sleepless night on Sunday LOL

Speak to you all soon
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment