Tuesday 10 December 2013

The continuation of the budget restoration of my Series 2 Land Rover

Hi everyone

I did say that it would not be a day by day account of the restoration, so here is what has been done up to date.

The sill brackets have been fitted as have the wing brackets. The valance has also been fitted to the front of the car and really make is look good. I cant believe how far we have come and that we are getting so close to finishing.

All the door seals have been fitted, the doors are a little stiff since they were fitted, but at least they are now on.

We decided to fit the mud shields and they were a bit of a pain to fit. We had made a mistake with the new wings and got Series 3 wings. The mud shields were for the Series 2. So they didn't fit properly. We had to make some brackets to make them fit LOL. We really didn't realise that the wings were not Series 2 wings but Series 3. Oh well, at least we were able to make them fit with the brackets that we had made.

The washer jet is now on and that was the usual pain to fit, but we got it done.

The reflectors are on and so it the lovely new Reg Plate.

The first photos were on 2nd December 2013.

The new rear reg plate has been fitted

The new front reg plate has been fitted

Paul fitting the reflectors

Paul fitting the reflectors

You didn't think I was going to let you see what my reg is did you LOL.

Most of the other stuff that has been done, you cant take a photo to show them. So I am only showing you what I can take a photo of.


The new valance is not on and makes Jane-May look whole again.


New washer jet is fitted. At lease now the water will get the screen and not the roof LOL

Well that is it for now. There is still a good few bits to do, but we are getting closer to being able to book the MOT. We have ordered the new VIN Plate and that has been posted out to me. So we are just waiting for that to arrive. When I have it in my hand I will book the MOT. So watch this space.
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment