Monday 19 August 2013

Series 2 Land Rover Budget Restoration - We are up to day 24 of the Land Rover Series 2 restoration 18th August 2013

Hi Everyone
Here is the update for Sunday 18th August 2013. I know it should have been done last night, but I was so shattered that I am only doing it today.

Well the weather was really awful Saturday and we didn't manage to get anything done on the tub of the Series 2 'Jane-May'. I think we are definitely going to have to put a tarpaulin over the gazebo. This will mean that we will be able to paint without the rain getting to the work surface LOL.

We the fun day/festival at my sons college was great fun. Matthew and I have a great time and he was speaking to a young man that has his own business and it has inspired Matthew. So I might have a business man in the family very soon. That will help with any parts that we need for the car LOL. I would just sweet talk him into buying them for me. LOL

Anyway. We have managed to get a coat of paint on the tub. This is the paint that was sent to us that is the wrong colour. But it has been a good thing to have as it gives a good base for the colour that we really wanted, the Brunswick Green. So we have painted the whole tub in the yucky colour and it is sort of alright. LOL

This is the seat end of the tub

This is the passenger side (left) of the tub
 
 
This is the rear end of the tub

This is the drivers side (right) of the tub
 
Inside drivers side (right)

Inside passengers side (left)
 

As you can see from this last photo Hubby Paul was admiring his work. You would think that he had painted it all by himself LOL. The cheeky monkey. We were hoping to get the next coat of paint on the tub, but a friend that has started his own business came round for a chat. He has started a business in vehicle moving. In other words, if you need a car or motorbike moving to anywhere in the country, he can do it for you. He has a trailer that will take a car as big as a 110 Land Rover Defender safely and securely. If you have bought a car and need it transporting he will do it for you. With the motorbikes, he can carry 2 motorbikes at the same time on his trailer. This again will be done safely and securely. You can see his advert on Facebook, Kirwan's Vehicle Deliveries. He is very reasonably priced too.

Well that is it for day 24 of the restoration of my Series 2 Land Rover 'Jane-May'. I will be updating again later on today. We have started to get the Brunswick Green on the tub and it is starting to look really good. I am getting excited now as it will be very soon that we are getting all the brake parts for 'Jane-May'. We are replacing all of the brake lines and fitting all new brakes around the whole vehicle. So things are really moving forward and it will not be too long before we are taking her for her MOT. So it is getting really exciting.

I made a phone call today to Karin Quarry of the Series 2 Owners Club. We are now full members of the North West Series 2 Owners Club. We are going to hopeful go on the next event for the club with is the Coast to Coast run from Blackpool to Whitby on 7th September. I think this is going to be a really fun time and I am really looking forward to it. So look out for future photos of some fabulous Series 2 Land Rovers.

Right off to make sure that hubby Paul, is painting properly LOL. I don't want any runs in the paint LOL, then I have to pick up my eldest son and his girlfriend. We have had a very peaceful weekend without him here. LOL He would kill me if he knew I had said this, but I'm not worried LOL.
Speak later
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment