Thursday 15 August 2013

Series 2 Land Rover Budget Restoration - We are up to day 22 of the Land Rover Series 2 restoration 14th August 2013

Well we have had a couple of days were not much has been done.

Today would have been my Father-in-Laws 81st birthday. We lost him a couple of years ago to Cancer and we always go out on his birthday to remember him. He would have loved to see the
restoration of the Series 2. So I am dedicating the restoration to his memory. So this is for you Bill.

Plus my eldest son had an interview at an Engineering Company today Wednesday 14th August 2013. So we had to put everything on hold to take him up for the interview. He thinks it went well. Well, it must had been a good interview as he will be having a second interview in a week or so with the Managing Director of the Company. So everyone keep their fingers crossed for him. The job is for an apprentice Fabricator/Welder. Just what he has been doing at College for the last 3 years. We are hoping that with the interview being on his Grand dads birthday, that this will be a good omen for him. So everyone pray that he gets the position as an apprentice Fabricator/Welder.

Anyway, back to the restoration. We have all the repairs done to the tub and it is looking good now. Hubby (Paul) has painted the repairs on the front end of the tub that he repaired on 12th August. So that is looking really good. Don't forget the tub is upside down in these photos.


Full view of front of tub repaired and painted

 Passenger side (left side) of front of tub repaired and painted

Driver's side (right side) of front of tub repaired and painted

Now the tub is ready to have the undercoat of paint put on and then left over night before we put the topcoat on. Not long now before we can start to get all the panels, doors and tub on the Series 2. But we do need to replace all of the brake lines before that is done. Hopefully we will be ordering the brakes parts that we need on Friday.

I have been busy painting all the rest of the trims parts on the tub. Yet again, I have car parts drying on the washing line. Even my neighbours commented on me having them on the line. But they did say they thought it was a good idea lol. I forgot to take photos until it was getting dark, so sorry about how dark the photos are lol.

All trims parts have had their first coat of silver hammerite.
 

I love the hooks that I have taken from the kitchen to hang all the parts on. I knew I had bought them for a reason lol
 
Well, that is were we are up to day. Tomorrow Thursday 15th August 2013, we are going to find out the results of my youngest son's (only have 2 lads lol) AS Levels. So lets hope he has got good results and it able to enrol for the A Level's in September 2013. I will let you know how he gets on.

So that is it for now. I will be back on Friday 16th August with the latest on the restoration of my Series 2 'Jane-May'. So watch this space.
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment