Saturday 5 October 2013

Day 44 ( 28th September 2013) of my Budget Restoration of my Series 2 Land Rover

Day 44

More painting has been done today. Paul has got the second coat of white paint on a couple more of the wheels and I have been touching up on the silver. I had forgotten to do a second coat on a couple of bits LOL. A good thing Paul didn't know I had forgotten, he would not have been pleased to say the least LOL.

Anyway, the wheels are really looking good and I am looking forward to seeing them in the cream. I just hope the tin of cream we have is big enough to do all the wheels. We have run out of the white and we still have one wheel that needs a second coat and one that needs 2 coats on it yet. But we do have 3 wheels with the second coat on.

 
The 3 wheels standing up at the back have had 2 coats of white. The 1 on the burner still needs a second coat

 
Close up of the wheels that have had the second coat of white

 
These look really good. I am really happy with the way they have turned out. Just a couple of coats of cream to go on now
 
 The silver on most of the bits is done now and I again have a washing line full of parts. One day I will get some washing on this line LOL I also painted the floor plates in the Brunswick Green and they are looking really fab now. Oh, there is a little bit of washing on the line, but only because someone soaked it and it needed to drip before I could wash it properly LOL


The last of the silver bits having had their second coat and the floor plates

Closer view of the floor plates and the silver edging for the screen and the doors

Right up close view of one of the floor plates.

The final coat of the Brunswick green has been done on the bulkhead. We found that when the last coat dried, there were a few bits that were still showing the yuk. So that had to be painted again. Plus I painted the dashboard in the Brunswick. Paul didn't want to do that bit. He said his hands were not steady enough for a small part to be painted and that he would get paint all over the dials LOL. Any excuse LOL. So my shaky old hands had to do that.

Now everything on the bulkhead is in the Brunswick Green

While I was doing the dashboard, Paul gave the tailgate its final coat of Brunswick Green on the outside.

One very nice looking tailgate

Paul also painted the vents in the Brunswick and they are also hanging on the washing line

The vents painted and looking pretty dame good

Paul got some of the little fiddly bits painted too. So they are all lined up drying now.

A couple of the fiddly bits that needed to be painted.

While I had the silver on the go, I painted the strip that goes on the end of the tub underneath the tail gate. Now it is ready to go on the tub. Well, when we are ready for the tub to go on the chassis anyway.

This is now ready for fitting

I do wish that Paul would not but in while I am doing my blog. LOL He doesn't know which bit I am talking about and always tells me that I am getting it all wrong. For some reason (it must be a man thing LOL) he thinks you type from the bottom of the page up. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I didn't marry him for his brains, not sure why I did marry him really LOL. It must have been for his ability to rebuild Land Rovers LOL. Don't tell him I said this. He will only go and sulk. LOL

As usual, the dog wanted to see what was going on while I was taking photos and had to get in the picture LOL. So here he is looking at me wondering what I am doing.

What does he look like with his tongue sticking out LOL

Well, that is it for now. Keep everything crossed that the dry weather carries on and we get some more done tomorrow. It is starting to feel like we are going to be doing this restoration for months and months. But I know we will get there in the end and 'Jane-May' is so worth all the time and hard work.

Speak soon
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment