Friday 4 October 2013

New Age Appropriate Registration Number 24 september 2013

Hi Everyone,
I know it has been a while since I last spoke to you all. But it has been a bit mad here over the last week or so.

Remember I told you about Royal Mail losing all my documents. Well, I took the advice of Avril from the Series 2 Owners Club and went to the nearest DVLA offices. Avril told me that if I went to the offices myself, it would be dealt with pretty quick. What I didn't know was, I was going to get my new Age Appropriate Registration number while I was there. So on 24th September 2013, Paul and I went to the DVLA offices in Preston with my dating letter from the Heritage Centre, my V5C and my letter asking for the Age Appropriate Registration Number. It was a good thing that we went too. The local DVLA offices are all closing and the Preston office is due to close in December this year.

As you can imagine, I was over the moon when they said they would issue me with a registration number while I was there. So I now have a beautiful 3 numbers and 3 letters registration number for my 'Jane-May'.


This is the certificate that I got on the day we went to the DVLA. Of course I have blanked out the new registration number I have been given. I am not telling you that LOL.

The little ticket is the number that I had to take while I waited for them to issue me with the new number.

As you can imagine, I am now really excited about getting 'Jane-May' finished so that she can be shown as the age she should be. Not as a 1963 plate that she did have. Now she has a pre 1963 registration number.

All we need to do now is find somewhere that will do the old style plates for us. When I say old style, it is the old black plates with the registration embossed in silver/white that I am talking about. This is not an easy thing to do. There is such a wide range to choose from and the cost varies so much it is crazy. But anyway, we are looking for someone to make the new number plates for us and I will let you now when this has been done.

Not much has been done to poor 'Jane-May', as both myself and Paul have been ill. If it is not the weather that is holding us back, it is our health. I am still not feeling right, so have not been doing much. Don't you just hate feeling so yuk that you cant think or do anything. Well that is enough of me telling you about how yuk I feel.

I do have photos for the work that we have done and these are for days 41 to 45. I will try and get those on for you all to see tomorrow.
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment