Monday 21 October 2013

Day 49 and Day 50 ( 10th and 15th October 2013) of my Budget Restoration of my Series 2 Land Rover

Day 49

We borrowed the money from our son today to go and get some new brake drums. It is a good thing he had a little bit of money from College that was left in the bank. If we hadn't borrowed from him we would still be waiting for the refund and there would be no brake drums on the car. I am so glad that he didn't spend his bursary from College LOL. But he is good like that LOL

Anyway, we went to Overlandrs in Liverpool for the new brake drums. Guess what, they are right and they fit properly. They also adjusted properly too. YIPPEEEEEEEEEE.

So they are now on the car and they brakes have been adjusted. So here are the long awaited photos of the brake drums on.

Drivers side (right) front

Drivers side (right) rear
Passenger side (left) rear

Passengers side (left) front
 
Don't they look so pretty. LOL What a pain it has been trying to get the brakes sorted. I cant believe that '*addocks' have the drums made to the maximum machine diameter and expect them to fit or work. There must be loads of vehicles out there that have these on that had been made to fit and work. I know I would not want to be driving any of them. But at least now we have the right drums on 'Jane-May' and she will stop when I put my foot on the brake pedal.

The weather had been rain then dry all day, so this was all we were able to get done today. Look at day 50 below to find out what we did next.
Debbie


Day 50

We are really starting to get the work done now and 'Jane-May' is starting to take shape. It is a pity that the weather is against us again. Yet another day of rain, then shine. I wish it would make its mind up on what it is going to do. LOL

The only stuff we got done today what the vents are on now and the front of the car really looks how she should do. But I will leave that up to you to decide. I know there are no wings or bonnet (hood) on yet, but you get the idea of what she should look like. LOL


I think she is looking really good now. It is amazing the difference a couple of parts being put on make. The rubber seals for the vents were also purchased from Overlandrs in Liverpool. I wish we had gone to him in the first place for the drums. We would be so much further than we are now if we had done. But as they say, 'You live and learn'.

That is all for now. I do hate this weather. I just wish it would be dry so that we can get more done to my 'Jane-May'
Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment