Sunday 8 September 2013

Day 30 (26th August 2013) of my Budget Restoration of my Series 2 Land Rover

Day 30

While hubby is busy cutting out all the parts that are no good or just a complete mess on the chassis, I am painting again LOL.

I have started to paint the tailgate and the fixings for the tailgate. The screen is also getting painted today.

I do love looking and the screen and seeing the silver hammerite paint go on, but it does  give me a wicked headache LOL.

Here is the tailgate with the first coat of paint on it. It is looking good

 Tailgate with the first coat of paint

 
I think this looks really cool. I have also done the first coat of the silver on the top of the tailgate. We are trying to make sure that 'Jane-May' looks as original as possible and this part of the tailgate was originally silver. So silver it will be

I have also painted the fixings for the tailgate in silver and they are looking good also.

 Fixings for the tailgate
 

Fixings all painted in silver hammerite
 
I have ever painted to little hook bits that the straps for the canvas go through and hold the canvas in place. These are the tiny little bits on my washing line. They are 4th and 5th place from the left. Nothing is being left out. Anything that needs to be painted, gets painted LOL

All I can do now is wait for the paint to dry so that I can turn the tailgate over and paint the other side. This part of the tailgate had been painted black, but we are doing it in the Brunswick Green to go with the rest of the body work. Should look really good.

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment