Saturday 21 September 2013

Series 2 Owners Club Pub Meeting - Saturday 21st September 2013

Hi Everyone

Well we had a fab day today. We went to our first Series 2 Owners Club pub meeting today. With 'Jane-May' not being completed yet, we went to the meeting in 'Olli'. I did think I had done my usual and got the date wrong as the pub we had directions for didn't have any cars in the car park LOL. But I was right about the day LOL, the meeting had been changed to a different pub and there was a notice from Karin, the Area Organiser saying where we had to go.

So when we arrived at the pub we could see all the beautiful Series 2's in the car park. There we 11 cars there in total (I think LOL), and they all looked just fab. There were a couple of members that didn't come in there Series 2's for a number of reasons. But there was a good crowd and they all made us feel really welcome and part of the club.

As usual, I forgot to take my camera with me, so the camera on my phone had to do. So I am sorry if the photos are not that good. LOL

So here we go, a few pictures of the cars that were at the pub meeting. I did love them all and thought I had seen my next Series 2, but hubby Paul said no more LOL, he is a spoil-sport. But I did realise when I looked in the cab of one of the Forward Controls, I would not be able to get in it LOL. It is just way to high for me to climb in. Oh well, I can still love from a distance LOL.

A couple of lovely examples of the Brilliant Series 2

 
Everyone has a good natter about what they have done to their vehicles and what they are going to be doing

 
Everyone likes to inspect the engine and Series 2 owners are no different LOL


This red Series had a 200 TDI (I think) engine in it. I must say it fitted very well.

 
My 'Olli' hiding behind a beautiful green soft top Series 2. Almost the same colour as 'Jane-May' is.


 
The inside of one of the Forward Controls. This is when I realised I would not be able to climb in one.

As you can see there were some really fab vehicles at the meeting. I fell in love with the two forward controls. Yes that is what I said I wanted as my next Series, but Paul says I cant have one. Mind you I don't think there is enough room on the drive for one and I really don't think I could climb up. I would need to have a step ladder with me all the time LOL. Oh well, will just have to stick with 2 Land Rovers. LOL

It was really great to see Avril and Dean and the boys again. It was a good thing that we had already met them or we would not have know we were in the right place. LOL There was a birthday celebration at the meeting and we all got a piece of beautiful birthday cake. But any cake is a good thing LOL. But I will say that the cake was really tasty and we both enjoyed it. So thank you for the cake. I wish I could remember who's birthday it was, but I am blonde and cant remember. I cant even remember who it was that had made the cake either LOL

Anyway, we were talking to Avril and she was saying she had read my blog about the saga with my documents. She came up with a really good idea, to take the documents to the nearest DVLA offices. The nearest one to us is Preston, so we are going to take them when I get my new vehicle docs. That way I wont be relying on Royal Mail to deliver them or not as the last ones didn't get anywhere. Well done Avril, this is a brilliant idea. So all I need now is the docs to come from the DVLA, so that we can have a day out in Preston LOL. If I knew where Avril lived, we could pop in for a cuppa while in Preston. So if you are reading this Avril, email me with your address and we can meet again when we are in Preston LOL.

It was lovely to finally meet Karin, the Area Organiser. I have spoken to her a few times on the phone and emailed her loads. But this was the first time we had met her. It is really nice to be able to put a face to the voice. Nice to meet you Karin, it does feel like I have know you for ages with speaking on the phone so many times.

An update on the docs I need for the DVLA, I today received my dating letter from the Heritage Motor Centre. Again a very big thank you to Richard at the Heritage Motor Centre for sending the copy of the Dating letter to me. It has arrived really quick and I just new my new Registration documents and I will be ready to take everything to Preston.

Right, that is it for today. The weather report is good for tomorrow yippee, so the last of the painting will be done and hopefully we will get the brakes all fitted too. Then all it will be is to get the body on 'Jane-May'. We will not be able to get the MOT done until I get my new registration number. So I hope taking all the documents to the Preston DVLA Office will help to speed things along. So watch this space for news on the new registration number and the brakes being completed. Then it will be the dressing of 'Jane-May' with her lovely newly painted body.

Again, thank you to everyone at the Series 2 Owners Club, North West, for making us so welcome today. We look forward to seeing you all again at the next pub meeting.
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment