Sunday 8 September 2013

Day 34 (1st September 2013) of my Budget Restoration of my Series 2 Land Rover

Day 34

Well hubby had been doing a lot of welding today. He has been non-stop all day. The far rear of the drivers (right) side rear chassis is now finished and I think it looks brilliant. Well done to hubby Paul for all his hard work on the Series 2 'Jane-May'. He really has been working hard and my Series is going to look fantastic when she is finished.

Anyway, back to the chassis. Here are the photos of the biggest section of chassis to be replaced.

Far rear section clamped in place ready for welding

Inside view of repair that has been done on far rear of chassis

Paul has said that when all the welding is finished, he is going to work out how many feet of weld he has done. I don't know if I really want to know how much has been done. I just like seeing the finished work LOL.

Here are the photos of all the welding done on the far rear drivers (right) side of the chassis. I think Paul is sick of welding now LOL, but I don't blame him. He has spent days doing the chassis and I think he is really happy it is nearly all over LOL.

Photos of completed far rear of drivers (right) side of chassis.

Close up of completed far end of drivers (right) side rear of chassis

Full view of completed far end of drivers (right) side rear of chassis
 
I think all the welding has taken its toll on my poor husband. Do you think he looks relieved, that it is nearly finished or just shattered LOL

Paul with a well deserved can of beer LOL
 
I think he was trying to work something out before continuing with the welding. It looks like his brain was starting to hurt LOL

He has told me that he just needs to replace one more patch and then weld the new tank outrigger. Then that will be all the welding done. I hope. LOL That will be the welding finished.

So look out for day 35 of my Budget Restoration of my Series 2 Land Rover coming tomorrow (well in a bit tonight as I am behind in doing my blog due to PC problems LOL).
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment