Friday 20 September 2013

Day 39 (18th September 2013) of my Budget Restoration of my Series 2 Land Rover

Day 39

Well the weather has not been good at all this week. We have had gale force winds and torrential rain. I was said the other day watching the gazebo blowing all over the place on the CCTV. It is a good thing that we have it tied down or it would have blow into the gardens at the back of us LOL.

Anyway, my poor 'Jane-May' has not had much done to her recently. With the weather and waiting for parts to arrive, there has not been much to do at all. The only things that we have been able to do is to get the chassis painted completely and the bulkhead has had a full coat of the primer green paint. Plus the bumpers have been painted in silver and are looking really fabulous now.

Rear Left side of bumper

Rear Right side of bumper

Front bumper from Right side


As you can see the bumpers are looking fabulous. I do think they look so much better in silver than the grotty black that they were in.

All the new brake pipes have been fixed to the chassis now too. They should have been done like this when we bought the car, but they were either hanging or were held in place with zip ties. I know, what was he thinking. It is a MOT failure if the brake pipes are not fixed in place. So at least now they are all new and fixed in place properly.

Right side front showing the brake pipes

Right side middle showing the brake pipes

The bulkhead has now all been painted with the primer green and looks pretty good. We have had to do a little bit of repair work to the top of the bulkhead by the vents, but it was not a big thing to do. So now it is all painted and looking good. All ready for the second coat of paint. We just need to weather to be able to get some more painting done.

You can see in this picture the colour that poor 'Jane-May' was painted in. yuk!!

Doesn't this look pretty LOL

You can see that the Air-filter to Carburettor elbow pipe is looking a bit worse for wear LOL

So we have ordered all the other parts that we needed. They have now all arrived, thank goodness. These parts are:
Air-filter to Carburettor Elbow Pipe
Front and Rear Indicators
Front side lights
Rear Stop and tail lights
Number Plate Light
Vent seals
Bulkhead to Screen seal
Headlight bowls
Brake Drums
Full Brake kit including Master Cylinder
Check strap converter plates
Flexi brake pipes

So now we just need the weather to be kind to us so that we can get all the rest of the brakes done. Then we will be able to get the wheels on before we put the body back together. There is no-way we are putting the body on before the wheels are on. I don't want anything to happen to the body if the car comes off the axle stands again LOL.

So that is it for now. Please prayer for nice dry weather over the weekend so that we can get everything done ready for the body to go on.

We are having a bit of a day out on Saturday 21st September 2013. We are going to our first Series 2 Owners Club Pub Meeting. So I will let you know all about that tomorrow. I am going to be taking my camera with me, so that I can take pictures of all the fantastic Series 2's that are going to be there. It is just a pity that we are not able to go in 'Jane-May', but at least we will be going in another proper Land Rover. This is 'Olli' and she is my baby LOL

 
This is my baby 'Olli' don't you think she is gorgeous LOL
 
Side view of 'Olli', this makes her look massive LOL
 
I have just been thinking that I didn't show any photos of how 'Jane-May used to look before the restoration. So here are a couple of pictures of her the day I bought her. I have taken out the face of the guy that we bought her off, I don't want to see his face ever again.
 
This is how 'Jane-May' used to look. Don't like the colour at all. Glad that has gone. The Bonnet (hood) was us so that hubby Paul could check the engine for leaks. There were none thank goodness

This is the inside looking in from the rear. Yes that is me with a big smile on my face LOL. I fell in love with 'Jane-May' on that day and knew I was going to make her look so much better than she did on that day.
 
 
Well, that is it for now. So I hope you have enjoyed reading about how things are going, or should I say not going at the moment LOL. I also hope you have enjoyed looking at the picture of how 'Jane-May' used to look and looking at my other baby 'Olli'.
 
Speak to you all tomorrow
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment